Here’s the meatloaf recipe for you Vicki!
This meatloaf is absolutely amazing. It turns out very moist and flavorful. Plus, it makes for killer meatloaf sandwiches the next day. The only problem with it is that it does crumble a little bit too easily when you cut it. So the presentation kind of sucks a little, but the taste more than makes up for it.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup grated carrots (We left them diced and I think it was just fine that way.)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano (We used Italian seasonings instead)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup of Scott’s Barbecue Sauce (We just used regular BBQ sauce)
- Broccoli (We used green beans)
- Ore-Ida Steam ‘n Mash Russet Potatoes (We made ours homemade instead.)
- Heinz Rich Mushroom HomeStyle Gravy
Preheat oven to 350F. In a saucepan, melt the butter and add carrots, onions, celery, and garlic to saute them. Let them cool then add to a large mixing bowl along with the next six ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Press firmly into a well-oiled loaf pan and spread BBQ sauce over the top of it. Bake for 1 hour or until the internal temperature is 150F. Serve with 1/2 cup of potatoes per person and one serving of vegetables. (Makes enough for 4…but really, it makes a LOT more than that. We had tons of leftovers!)
Hope you enjoy it!